Fennel, beetroot and cauliflower salad with citrus mustard dressing
It’s the first day of spring and I for one cannot wait for the warmer weather and longer days that are yet to come! The weather has such an impact on the food choices we make. This fennel, beetroot and cauliflower salad is the perfect in between seasons salad. It is warm and filling thanks to the oven-baked cauliflower and beetroot, yet zesty and fresh thanks to the herbs, fennel, and citrus dressing.
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium beetroot, roasted, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig mint, chopped
- 1 handful pepitas
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Roast beetroot in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 1 hr. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15 minutes or until the florets start to go crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar or cup and stir to combine.
- Peel and chop beetroot then add to the salad along with the cauliflower. Drizzle with the citrus dressing.