Spinach, mushroom and cheese omelette with bacon
Omelettes are one of the quickest breakfast food choices and the healthiest. In less time than it takes to toast and butter bread, you could have a delicious cafe style breakfast packed with vegetables and protein. Like this Spinach Cheese and Mushroom Omelette (with a little bacon on the side for good measure)!
- 2 teaspoons of butter (pure butter made of 100% milk – don’t buy anything with vegetable oils of other additives)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Portobello mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium spinach leaf, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (note: don’t buy grated cheese, buy full-cream block cheese and grate it yourself)
- 1 rasher of bacon
- Cook the bacon in a small non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a medium frypan over low-medium heat. Add mushrooms and spinach and cook until just wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs then add cooked mushrooms and spinach to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Flip the bacon.
- Add remaining butter to the medium-sized frypan and melt, then pour in egg mixture.
- Top egg mixture with cheese, then flip half the omelette over itself and cook through.
- Transfer to a plate, add bacon on the side, and enjoy!