Spanish-style bacon and eggs
Bacon and eggs with a twist – a Spanish twist! This is a quick and easy breakfast recipe that will supply you with the nutrients and sustenance you need to embrace the morning with the energy and gusto of a flamenco dancer! (However, I can’t guarantee the efficacy of bacon and eggs if you’re hoping also for the grace and rhythm of a Spanish dancer…)
- 1 egg
- 1 rasher of bacon
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/4 green capsicum, sliced into chunks
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Cook bacon, tomato and capsium in a medium non-stick frypan over medium heat on the stove. The fat from the bacon will help cook the tomato and capsicum and add flavour.
- When you are ready to turn the bacon, tomato and capsium, make room for the egg and crack it into the same frypan.
- Plate up the bacon, tomato and capsicum, then flip the egg if desired (or have it sunny side up) and cook. (I like my eggs runny, so I only cook it for a few seconds on the flip side).
- Transfer egg to plate and add avocado to serve.