Chocolate Protein Balls
These chocolate balls of bliss are packed full of protein and nutrition that will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Many protein balls are loaded with sugar but not these. With just 2 tablespoons of honey in 15 serves, you can enjoy a healthy, nutrition rich snack that won’t leave you bloated or craving more.
The health benefits of these chocolate protein balls roll on and on:
- almonds are alkalizing and protein rich
- chia seeds contain more calcium than milk and are an excellent source of easily digestible protein
- sesame seeds and cacao powder are great sources of magnesium and iron.
So simple to whip up, make a batch of these and know you’ll have a healthy, protein snack to grab at any time throughout the week after a workout or when hunger strikes. (I personally love two of these with a long black coffee at morning tea time!)
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup ABC (almond, brazil, cashew nut) butter
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop 180 Natural Protein Superfood
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (or rice malt syrup for a fructose-free option)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients and blend in a food processor until smooth. If using a Thermomix, blend for 30 seconds on speed 5.
- Scoop out dessert spoonfuls of the mixture and use clean hands to roll them into balls and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the fridge until set (at least 30 minutes).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.